Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Stray Cat

Moving sure is no fun; not in the least bit. A seemingly endless to-do list has kept me busy and feeling quite like an anxious cat. This just goes to show that even positive changes in our lives can be stressful, something I always find myself saying to my patients. I feel like an anxious stray cat searching for a home.

This experience reminds me of a favorite patient handout of mine that I ran across while cleaning house, depicting the CATastrophic signs of anxiety and what you can do to combat it (I don't know who designed it, but it's brilliant):


Life isn't always “purrrfect” (or perhaps even close)…

5 comments:

SeaSpray said...

Great handout!

Just imagine how good you will feel when you are all settled in your new place. hectic and stressful ..but exciting too. :)

Ever wish you had a magic wand and could just wave it to change whatever you want? :)

Jill of All Trades, MD said...

Oh, how I WISH I had that "magic wand" right now! ha ha :) Thank you, SeaSpray!

WarmSocks said...

Love the handout!

Good luck with your move and getting settled in your new home.

Jill of All Trades, MD said...

Thank you, WarmSocks! and Glad you enjoyed the handout!

Minqi said...

This anxious is different. You know you are going to feel joy and peace after you settle down. Best wishes